over the last few weekends i've been working on my first quilt, and am very very slowly starting to make progress with it.
one of the reasons i put off making a quilt is the lack of space i have in my flat, but i'm working around that- and as you can see i've made full use of my stationery collection!
once i had all my pieces cut, i moved some furniture around to get some floor space, and then worked out a rough layout. i wasn't worried about a structured pattern, but doing this means i haven't ended up with 2 squares of the same fabric together.
then, (with j's help) i used paperclips and post-it notes to label each row; it might look mad, but now i won't need to go moving furniture around until the top of the quilt is finished, and i won't lose that initial layout.
since then i've actually been able to start sewing the squares together which is awesome, it's weirdly therapeutic! overall there are going to be 10 rows of 8 squares and i've sewn together 2, so there is still a long way to go. i'm still pretty terrified about the stages after this, but i haven't found a backing fabric yet anyway, so there's no point thinking about it for now!